On October 5th Peru officially opened its borders and resumed limited international flights to 7 countries and 11 cities in the region. At this time anyone wishing to enter Peru must transit through one of these cities, and you should confirm any flights you purchased do so.
• Guayquil, Ecuador
• Quito, Ecuador
• La Paz, Bolivia
• Santa Cruz, Bolivia
• Bogota, Colombia
• Cali, Colombia
• Medellin, Colombia
• Panama City, Panama
• Asuncion, Paraguay
• Montevideo, Uruguay
• Santiago, Chile
The following protocols must be followed by all passengers to board international flights:
- You must present have negative COVID-19 PCR (molecular) test taken 72 hours before the commercial flight.
- Masks must be worn at all times inside the airport and aircraft.
- During the flight, all passengers must wear a mask AND a plastic facial shield.
- International travelers arriving in Peru, once landed, must sign a sworn affidavit swearing they are arriving in sound health and that they will quarantine upon arriving at their destination in Peru. Click Here to see the affidavit which can be done electronically. In this affidavit you will be asked for the address while in quarantine and your final address. Use the physical address of our center for both: "Carratera Iquitos Nauta KM 14, penetracio 2.6 KM"
- Anyone traveler arriving into Peru with Covid-19 symptoms they are required to report the state, to be monitored, and quarantine for 14 days.
- Before leaving Peru, you will also need to take another COVID-19 PCR (molecular) test taken 72 hours before the commercial flight. We will arrange to take you to a testing site and get your results before leaving the center. This is not included in retreat Price and will cost between /S 180 and /S 280.
Once in Peru, masks must be worn in all public places.
Changes at the Center for Covid 19
Due to how open our property and facilities are, we do not feel the need to implement strict controls at the Hummingbird Center during retreats.
- We will not require masks at all times, but do encourage them when people will be close together.
- We will have alcohol based hand sanitizer available in all rooms and public places and definitely want people to wash their hands regularly.
- During ceremony people will be at least 10 feet apart.
- Facilitators will wear a mask when they approach people and when serving ayahuasca, but we will not expect people to wear a mask during ceremony.
- The medicine will be served in single use, disposable cups.
- We will have a quick read thermometer and check people's temperature daily.
Our public areas are spacious and it is easy to maintain distance when hanging out and still have no trouble talking with each other.
For the official Peruvian Government travel requirements in Spanish, Click Here
The US Embassy In Peru also has regularly maintained and accurate Covid19 information for Peru.
The Living In Peru web site also maintains updates about Peru’s Covid-19 Policy